“Teaching Children to Learn to Read so they can Read to Learn”
Our Ready to Read program helps children form literacy skills as early as possible. We promote skill building, communication and language skills for students in Grades K-12. Lessons align with Common Core State Standards.
We believe the ability to read is important to every child’s success in school. As each child is unique, it is important to keep in mind that learning to read is different for every child. We give children the necessary reading and writing skills to make them better readers and writers.
We focus on a school readiness in-depth understanding of what children need to be successful in school. Early literacy is a fundamental right and our duty is to empower children with the ability to take on learning for themselves. Our literacy lessons are taught in a positive classroom environment that feels safe and comfortable to the students. We meet the child’s learning needs and find strategies that best serves the child’s learning style. Small reading groups are developed so that each child receives personal guidance. We individualize goals for each child to ensure that each child makes progress towards becoming a successful reader.
Benefits of the Ready to Read Program
- A favorable atmosphere for learning.
- More time on task allows for increased opportunities to read and receive immediate feedback.
- Immediate, positive and corrective feedback to help the learner stay on track, and not repeat errors.
- Increases reading performance and fluency.
- Increases motivation and decreases frustration.
- Interpersonal relationship is established with the instructor.
- Allows for individual monitoring of progress to ensure that learning is taking place.
Skills Acquired through our Reading Program include:
- Phonemic Awareness
- Concepts About Print
- Writing (Persuasive, Summary, Response to Literature, Narrative)
- Reading Comprehension
- Vocabulary Development
- Sight Word Recognition